CSL649 is a uniquely formulated one-part, RTV (Room Temperature Vulcanizing) silicone sealant for use in a variety of LED applications.
CSL649 does not generate corrosive by-products during cure, making it ideal for use in corrosion-sensitive LED lighting packages with no adverse effects.
CSL649 has a wide operating temperature range of -60°C to 200°C (-76°F to 392°F) enabling the LED packages to pass common industry reliability tests.
CSL649 will not yellow due to UV exposure causing no detrimental effects on the light output of the LED.
CSL649 has a low modulus and a high Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (CTE) to protect the delicate wire connections between PCB and diode from mechanical stress.
CSL649 is self-bonding to a wide range of substrates without the use of a primer resulting in improved delamination resistance and device reliability.
- Neutral cure formulation will not corrode copper, brass or silver
- Excellent hydrophobicity
- Can be applied by spray, flow and brush techniques
- CSL649 can be used for a broad range of LED lighting applications. It is particularly effective for display screens made up of thousands of LEDs that need to be potted for protection from the environment.
- Are easy to use and repair
- Have excellent electrical and heat management properties
- Are flexible and absorb mechanical shock and vibration
- Resist ultra-violet rays, ozone, and weathering
- Are resistant to humidity, moisture, and are water repellent
- Have excellent thermal stability