CSL Industrial and Transportation sealants comprise one-part, moisture cure, RTV silicones formulated for use on a variety of substrates. Our outstanding products cover a varied spectrum of industrial and transportation application from recreational vehicle manufacturing to high heat form-in-place gasketing.
CSL sealants offer outstanding resistance to all weathering environments, resistance to shock and vibration, salt water, oils, and airborne chemicals. They have excellent flow properties, and are faster, easier, and more economical to process.
Our high temperature products withstand the damaging effects of flame and fire and are rated for use from: -40°C to 300°C with continuous 7 day exposure, while the flame retardant line has superior flame retardancy and UL94-V0 rating.
CSL sealants are durable and long-lasting, low in toxicity, and do not contain heavy metals or unwanted chemicals, and do not create harmful by-products.
In fact several aircraft manufacturers use CSL’s high heat products because of their durability and performance.
Our products come in non-slump and self-levelling variants, and in various viscosities. They are available in different colours or in clear.
Read about our outstanding high heat formulations for designs where high temperature resistance is required.
Typical applications range from high heat gasketing and sealing to assembly and lubrication and include:
- Formed in place gaskets for oil pans, rear axles, engines and transmissions
- Sealing of trim, ductwork, portholes
- Sealing LNG, LPG, and NG pipeline flanges and valves
- OEM and aftermarket vehicle manufacture and maintenance
- Lubricants, adhesion inhibitors, water repellants, and contamination sinks
- Fireplace seals, electrical insulation, and appliance gaskets
- Where resistance to burning is a significant requirement