Flame Retardant Sealants
Silicone sealants can be used in a variety of electrical and electronic, and industrial applications.
General sealing provides protection from moisture, contaminants, chemicals, as well as mechanical and thermal shock.
Flame retardant sealants reduce flammability and delay combustion. They are particularly effective for electronic, appliance, transportation and aeronautical applications where resistance to burning is a requirement.
Why do silicones excel in high heat electronics applications?
Silicone elastomers can be formulated to meet many of the physical properties required of high sealants; silicone sealants:
- remain permanently flexible in extreme conditions
- have excellent thermal stability
- can be flame retardant and remain unaffected by a direct flame application
- are non-corrosive and have low toxicity
- possess enhanced chemical and oil resistance
- are resistant to humidity, moisture and contaminants
- absorb mechanical and thermal shock and vibration
- have excellent electrical properties
- resist ultra-violet rays, ozone and weathering
- useful in a variety of application methods
- CSL 557/558/559 | Flame Retardant Silicone Sealant View · Compare
When resistance to burning is a design requirement.