In window and door manufacturing high performance glazing sealants provide longevity, durability and performance integrity throughout the life cycle of the product.
Quick setting sealants offer lean work flow and floor space savings. Sealants that are compatible with a wide range of material substrates enable flexible manufacturing. Sealants that can be integrated into the existing manufacturing process reduce capital costs.
In building and construction silicones protect the structural integrity of a building so it can stand the test of time.
Silicone sealants because of their high resistance to heat, wind, and moisture, ultra-violet radiation, ozone, freeze-thaw conditions and normal airborne chemicals slow down erosion of buildings and building materials even in the most extreme climates.
Why do silicones excel in glazing, backbedding and general construction applications?
Silicone sealants possess inherent physical properties that make them an excellent choice for many fenestration applications:
- long service-life with excellent weathering and oxidation resistance and resistance to humidity and moisture
- primerless adhesion to most common building substrates
- broad operating temperature range (-40ºF to 400ºF)
- low odor, low toxicity and non-corrosive
- excellent strength and flexibility
- versatility in application