Silicone sealants used in new and remedial concrete pavement joints increase the life span of highways, airport runways, bridges, shipping yards, parking garages and residential streets.
Silicone sealants are ideal for absorbing the natural shifting and movement and withstand the extreme expansion and contraction needs due to fluctuations in temperature, humidity, wind and other environmental effects. They withstand the degradation due to exposure to the elements which are of concern in many public projects.
Silicone sealants used in expansion, connection and movement joints will have a longer life span and require less maintenance because of the elasticity, tensile strength, hardness and adhesion that do not change significantly over time. At the same time, they do not react with materials such as fuel, hydraulic oils and cleaning solvents commonly found on busy industrial roadways. Moreover, because silicones are virtually unaffected by sunlight, rain, sleet, snow, heat, cold, ultraviolet radiation, chemicals and atmospheric contamination they offer long-term quality and durability.
Why do silicones excel in concrete joint applications?
Silicone sealants possess inherent physical properties that make them an excellent choice for concrete joint applications:
- are easy to use and repair
- remain flexible over a wide operating temperature range
- resist ultra-violet rays, ozone and weathering
- are non-corrosive and have low toxicity
- are chemically resistant
- are resistant to humidity, moisture and are water repellent
- CSL 316 | Self-Leveling Concrete Joint Sealant View · Compare
Ideally suited for sealing horizontal joints in concrete where extreme movement is experienced
- CSL 341 | High Performance Non-Slump Silicone Concrete Joint Sealant View · Compare
Suited for vertical and horizontal joints in concrete where extreme joint movement is experienced
- CSL 944 | Multi-SurfacePrimer View · Compare
- CSL315 | Self-leveling Silicone Concrete Joint Sealant View · Compare
Ideally suited for concrete and as traffic loop sealant, crack filling, bridge expansion joint sealant and saw-cut control joint sealant. Self leveling, no tooling is required.