Si-COAT® 579™ is a single component, moisture cure, room temperature vulcanizing (RTV) coating that provides long-lasting protection from corrosion in above grade applications in both new and retrofit locations. Typical applications include structural steel, bridges, machinery and equipment, areas with heavy corrosion, tank exteriors, metal roofs, cladding, etc. Si-COAT is ideal where coverage is essential and high levels of protection, adhesion, elasticity and longevity are desired.
- Easy application – self priming single coat with minimal surface preparation (no blasting required) - less labor cost.
- Advanced performance – primary bonds form with the substrate increasing adhesion.
- Cost effective - apply less product (8-12 mils DFT) for superior protection.
- 180% Elasticity - allow for thermal expansion and contraction of the substrate and helps to eliminate rust creep.
- Long lasting - durable UV and chemical resistant.
- Polysiloxane technology - has the ability to bridge hairline surface cracks.
- Aesthetically pleasing - matte finish available in 40+ colors that have passed 5,000 hours in QUV.
- Quick return to service – tack free in 60 minutes; cure time 4-6 hours.
- Environmentally Responsible – VOC compliant and has a long lifespan.
- 5 Year Limited Warranty.